Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dramamine is my Drug of Choice

Hello readers of my new blog!  My name is Jessica, and I will be serving as your sole entertaining/informative/hopefully inspiring being every time you come to this page.

Some of you may be well aware that I have two blogs already.  One is the home of my year-long photo blog project, 365 at 21; the other is my more professional ongoing online portfolio, Life Without College, in which I write about things relevant to living life....... without............ going to........... college.  You guessed it!

I am not abandoning my other two blogs in the slightest; in fact, one might argue that I "don't seem to have enough time already" to "work on your blogs you already have."  And this may be true.  Bear with me here.

The thing is, I feel there is something missing.  I miss the days of olde when I could blog about whatever I wanted.  Photo and anti-college blogs are confining, as much as I love them.

Thus, my non-confining blog.  The everything blog.

I'll let you know a few things about me before I officially begin, so that we are all on the same page.  I love to write, you see.  I love to write about everything.  I write a lot.  This blog may consist of me writing a lot, about whatever comes to mind.  I may write about cell phones, or when the ice cream truck came when I was three, or spend a great deal of time musing why I suddenly decided to boycott purple when I was 14 and only just remembered that I actually love the color.

Or I might post about my adventures in cookie baking, or how I handle long distance relationships with towns on the other side of the USA.

It is up to me.

Or you!  You can ask me to write about something as well, and I shall do my best to comply.

I also may showcase some artwork (or illustrate my writing) from time to time, as I am attempting to become an artistic person.

Today I flew back from Las Vegas, NV, and I am sitting here in Fuquay-Varina, NC, thinking about how I need chap stick and healthy things like sleep.  BUT I could be feeling much, much worse.  You see, ever since I turned 20 my body declared that it would NOT be functioning as a happy-go-lucky individual anymore, and I would have to learn to deal with my problems.  One of these problems (for there are many) is extreme motion sickness.  I used to be able to read in the car, in a plane, ANYWHERE.  Now I can't even ride in the car without getting sick.  Plane rides are gross.  Helicopters are unbearable.

Until my father suggested Dramamine.

Problem solved.

It's that simple!  I take half the recommended dosage and I feel nothing except happiness that I am enjoying eating my 27 snacks on this lovely bumpy cross-country airplane ride while reading a great book about genetic imprinting!

~Jessica  

2 comments:

  1. Rachel F. told me that she used to get motion sick, and the chiropractor fixed it by pulling on her ears. Not that I think you should have to give up your new favorite drug or anything... =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I mean, I don't know if giving it up would be worth it since I've made such a big deal out of it now. =P

    BUT it's worth a shot! I've already been to the chiropractor twice this week, though, so it will probably have to wait. I'd DEFINITELY prefer a natural solution.

    ReplyDelete